For licensing or stock footage of this video contact info@TampaAerialMedia.com or if you would like to hire us to film your city or …
Welcome to the picturesque Florida Keys, a tropical paradise comprising of three captivating destinations: Key Largo, Islamorada, and Marathon. Key Largo is renowned for its breathtaking scuba diving spots, inviting visitors to explore colorful coral reefs and discover an underwater wonderland. Islamorada, known as the “Sportfishing Capital of the World,” offers exhilarating deep-sea fishing adventures amidst stunning turquoise waters. Lastly, Marathon, with its stunning beaches, inviting warm waters, and vibrant marine life, is an ideal destination for relaxation and water activities. Indulge in sun-soaked adventures and unforgettable experiences when you visit Florida Keys’ Key Largo, Islamorada, and Marathon.
Welcome to the Florida Keys travel Guide | Key Largo – Islamorada – Marathon! Are you looking for the ultimate island getaway in Florida? This guide has got you covered, providing all the essential information about the stunning destinations of Key Largo, Islamorada, and Marathon. Whether you’re seeking outdoor adventures, scenic beauty, or indulging in fresh seafood, this guide will help you plan an unforgettable vacation. Keep reading to discover the hidden gems and local tips that will make your trip truly memorable.
# Florida Keys travel Guide | Key Largo – Islamorada – Marathon
![Florida Keys travel Guide](https://www.example.com/image.jpg)
Planning a trip to Florida and looking for a tropical paradise to explore? Look no further than the stunning Florida Keys. Nestled between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, the Florida Keys offer breathtaking natural beauty, a vibrant marine ecosystem, and a laid-back island lifestyle. In this comprehensive travel guide, we will take you through three must-visit destinations within the Florida Keys: Key Largo, Islamorada, and Marathon. From pristine beaches and exhilarating water sports to delicious seafood and picturesque sunsets, get ready for an unforgettable adventure in the Sunshine State!
## Table of Contents
– Key Largo: A Gateway to Paradise
– Things to Do in Key Largo
– Where to Stay in Key Largo
– Islamorada: The Sport Fishing Capital of the World
– Things to Do in Islamorada
– Where to Stay in Islamorada
– Marathon: A Tropical Haven for Nature Enthusiasts
– Things to Do in Marathon
– Where to Stay in Marathon
– Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
## Key Largo: A Gateway to Paradise
Located at the top of the Florida Keys chain, Key Largo offers a perfect blend of stunning natural wonders and exciting outdoor activities. This island paradise is renowned for its crystal-clear waters, vibrant coral reefs, and lush mangrove forests.
### Things to Do in Key Largo
1. **John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park**: Dive into the underwater world and explore the stunning coral reefs in one of America’s first underwater parks.
2. **Dolphin Cove**: Get up close and personal with friendly dolphins in this interactive marine mammal park.
3. **Florida Keys Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center**: Discover the incredible variety of native and migratory birds at this rescue and rehabilitation center.
4. **Christ of the Abyss**: Dive or snorkel to witness the iconic bronze statue submerged beneath the water at the Key Largo Dry Rocks.
5. **Key Largo Fisheries**: Indulge in a mouthwatering seafood extravaganza at this popular waterfront seafood market and restaurant.
### Where to Stay in Key Largo
– **Ocean Pointe Suites**: Enjoy spacious suites with breathtaking ocean views, a private beach, and on-site amenities like a pool and tennis courts.
– **Kona Kai Resort**: Embrace the tropical vibes in this beachfront resort offering luxurious rooms, a private marina, and waterfront dining options.
– **Playa Largo Resort & Spa**: Pamper yourself in this exquisite resort with its own private beach, multiple pools, a full-service spa, and fine dining experiences.
## Islamorada: The Sport Fishing Capital of the World
As you continue your journey through the Florida Keys, make sure to stop in Islamorada – a paradise for anglers and outdoor enthusiasts. With its world-class sport fishing opportunities, numerous art galleries, charming boutiques, and stunning sunsets, Islamorada offers a unique island experience.
### Things to Do in Islamorada
1. **Robbie’s Marina**: Feed enormous tarpons from the docks or try your hand at fishing in these picturesque waters.
2. **Theater of the Sea**: Swim with dolphins, sea lions, and other marine creatures or explore the beautiful botanical gardens in this fascinating marine park.
3. **Morada Way Arts & Cultural District**: Immerse yourself in the vibrant arts scene of Islamorada with galleries, studios, and monthly ArtWalk events.
4. **Indian Key State Park**: Take a scenic boat ride to this historic island and hike through nature trails surrounded by captivating history.
5. **Islamorada Brewing Company & Distillery**: Sample craft beers and spirits in this local brewery and distillery, showcasing the flavors of the Florida Keys.
### Where to Stay in Islamorada
– **Cheeca Lodge & Spa**: Experience luxury at its finest with elegant accommodations, a private beach, on-site golf course, and multiple dining options.
– **Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina**: Stay in this stylish beachfront resort featuring a marina, watersports rentals, a beach bar, and cozy rooms with a retro flair.
– **Pines & Palms Resort**: Relax in charming beachfront cottages amidst lush tropical gardens and enjoy amenities like hammocks, a beachside pool, and a private fishing pier.
## Marathon: A Tropical Haven for Nature Enthusiasts
travel further down the Florida Keys and you’ll arrive at Marathon, a nature lover’s paradise. With its unspoiled beaches, diverse wildlife, and fascinating natural attractions, Marathon is a haven for outdoor adventures and relaxation.
### Things to Do in Marathon
1. **Sombrero Beach**: Soak up the sun and enjoy the pristine sand at this beautiful beach, perfect for swimming, picnicking, and beachcombing.
2. **Dolphin Research Center**: Learn about these intelligent marine mammals through interactive programs, shows, and even a chance to be a dolphin trainer for a day.
3. **Curry Hammock State Park**: Explore nature trails, go kayaking, or simply relax on the gorgeous beaches of this tranquil state park.
4. **The Turtle Hospital**: Get up close to rescued sea turtles, learn about their rehabilitation, and support the conservation efforts of this unique facility.
5. **Seven Mile Bridge**: Take a memorable drive or bike ride along this legendary bridge, offering stunning panoramic views of the turquoise waters.
### Where to Stay in Marathon
– **Hawks Cay Resort**: Indulge in a luxury resort experience with spacious rooms, a private beach, marina, and a variety of water sports and dining options.
– **Courtyard by Marriott Marathon**: Enjoy comfortable rooms, beach access, a waterside pool, and a fitness center at this conveniently located hotel.
– **Tranquility Bay Beachfront Hotel & Resort**: Unwind in beachfront cottages with stunning views, two swimming pools, an on-site restaurant, and a private sandy beach.
## Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
**1. When is the best time to visit the Florida Keys?**
The best time to visit the Florida Keys is during the winter and spring seasons, from November to April. The weather is pleasant, with cooler temperatures and lower humidity. Avoid the hurricane season, which typically runs from June to November.
**2. Are there any unique local dishes to try in the Florida Keys?**
Absolutely! Don’t leave the Keys without trying some Key Lime Pie, a tangy and creamy dessert made with Key lime juice. Conch fritters and conch chowder are also popular local delicacies.
**3. Can I go snorkeling or diving in the Florida Keys if I’m not an experienced diver?**
Yes, there are plenty of snorkeling and diving options suitable for beginners in the Florida Keys. Many tour operators offer guided trips to shallow reefs, where you can witness the underwater wonders even without a diving certification.
**4. Is it possible to swim with dolphins in the Florida Keys?**
Yes, several marine parks and centers in the Florida Keys offer interactive programs and encounters with dolphins. Theater of the Sea and Dolphin Research Center are popular destinations for swimming with these friendly creatures.
**5. Are there any restrictions or regulations when fishing in the Florida Keys?**
There are some fishing regulations in place to protect the marine ecosystem and specific species. It is crucial to familiarize yourself with the local fishing rules, obtain a fishing license if required, and respect catch limits and size restrictions.
Plan your Florida Keys adventure today and immerse yourself in the vibrant culture, rich marine life, and astounding natural beauty that this stunning archipelago has to offer. Safe travels and make unforgettable memories in Key Largo, Islamorada, and Marathon!